Tuesday 9 February 2016

Wayne England R.I.P.



Just heard the terrible news that Wayne England, Illustrator and designer, passed away this morning.

 Wayne was a massive inspiration for me as a young artist, I used to pore over his illustrations in White Dwarf magazine, marveling over how he managed to put so much detail in with coloured pencils.

A fantastic Chaos terminator by Wayne England. Image copyright Games Workshop.


When I eventually made some headway as an illustrator I was lucky enough to have my art published alongside Wayne's in a number of game books, mainly for Wizards of the Coast's, "Dungeons and Dragons" game line.

I took great pride in the fact that I had work published in the same books as this great artist.

So, so sorry to hear of his passing. My sympathies go out to his family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment